Replacement pads and batteries.
For replacement pads and batteries, please email email@example.com or phone 01-8602631
The batteries are 123a Lithium Ion disposable batteries.
- The batteries are capable of delivering 300 continuous shocks.
- Shelf life prior to installation is 8 years.
- It is recommended that batteries are changed after five years in standby mode.
- At least 13 hours of patient monitoring time on full battery.
- At least 6 hours of patient monitoring after low battery warning.
Note: The device uses ten separate lithium batteries. The advantage of this approach is that the batteries may be purchased in local shops and pharmacies. There is 100% redundancy in that the device can operate with only five batteries. There is also dual internal circuitry; if one circuit fails your AEDPlus will automatically switch to the other circuit.
- There are clear picture instructions on the pads. The pads are single z shape so that there is no doubt about placement.
- The pads are pre-connected.
- The pads are fully compatible with the Zoll M and E series defibrillator which is used by many ambulance service units.
- The recommended pad life is five years for adult pads and two years for paediatric pads.
- Adult and paediatric pads are clearly marked.
Note. The pad has a device located over the sternum, which detects when compressions have started. It then gives voice and written prompts on screen on the quality and depth of each compression, telling the rescuer to “push harder” or “good compressions” as required. There is also an in-built metronome which beeps at a rate of 100 per minute. If the rescuer is tired and the comression rate has slowed down, the device will detect this and will also slow down but will beat at a rate 15 beats above the rate of speed of the rescuer, gradually increasing to pull the rescuer back to the correct rate. If you push at the rate and depth indicated by the device your CPR will be perfect thereby improving the casualty’s chances of survival.