Manual Handling Training
Manual Handling training
Staff engaged in manual handling tasks are required to receive training in assessment of loads and how to lift and handle loads safely.
The course contents include both instruction and practical training.
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- Video – Manual Handling
- Principals of levers and laws of motion
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in handling loads safely, example of practical work
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting bags, or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Assessment: Continuous assessment by Trainer